Before you install a new window treatment, you must know the height and width of each window in your room. It is essential that you accurately measure each one. Here are a few tips to use in order to be sure your measurements are precise.
- Use a steel tape measurer to be sure your readings are accurate.
- Take down any previous window coverings in order to get an accurate measurement.
- Measure every window individually (even if they appear to be the same) as there may be a slight difference between identical windows).
- Measure the width and height of your window in three different places (top, middle, and bottom).
- Be sure to round down to the nearest 1/8″ for width and round up to the nearest 1/8″ for height.
- Write down your findings so you do not forget which measurement is for which specific window.
Once the measurements of your windows are obtained, be sure you apply this to the specific type of window covering you plan to use (shades, blinds, or drapes) as that will effect the amount of window covering material and size you will need.
No matter the size of your windows, One Stop Decorating is available to provide you with any assistance you may need when it comes to choosing the right window covering. One Stop Decorating specializes in blinds, shades, shutters, draperies, and decor. We are proud to be the largest independent, full line decorating resource located in the Kansas City area. With over 30 years of experience in the home decorating industry, we are confident that we are the perfect staff made up of knowledgable decorating experts to assist you with any and all of your home decorating needs.